[baylisa] xbiff-like program to monitor remote mailbox?

Sam J. Juvonen sam at riihi.com
Mon Nov 19 17:18:10 PST 2007

I think most of today's desktop environments come with a plugin for
this. At this minute I'm on Sol10 "Sun Java Desktop System" (aka
Gnome) and even here is a panel plugin for checking mail
(local/imap/pop).

BTW, first one to come up with an implementation of a two layer
password scheme (one of checking, one for reading) in an IMAP server
gets a cookie from me.

If you're a window manager + xterms kind of guy, somebody must have
written a dock-app that works with your WM. I know I used some before
I succumbed to the monster Desktop Environments.

-sam.