[baylisa] xbiff-like program to monitor remote mailbox?

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Mon Nov 19 15:18:24 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 02:46:13PM -0800, Marco Nicosia wrote:
> David Wolfskill (david at catwhisker.org) wrote:
> > I think what I want is something that can run on a system that supports
> > X, but that has a somewhat more general way to determine the salient
> > attributes of a mailbox (which may well reside on a remote machine).
>
> Well, if you just want an imap-enabled xbiff program, it looks
> like there are lots of options:
>
> http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=imap+xbiff&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz2

Hmm... thanks; some of those look as if they might be worth creating a
port (since I didn't see one for some of them):

catmint(6.3-P)[34] make search key=imapbiff
catmint(6.3-P)[35] make search key=xlassie
catmint(6.3-P)[36] make search key=tkbiff
catmint(6.3-P)[37] make search key=althea

(That last has a port: "Yet another GTK-based mail reader for X.
Supports IMAP" -- that's probably a bit of overkill for the application
in question, though.)

Maybe I'll do something useful about it yet....  :-}

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Proprietary data formats obfuscate, rather than disseminate, information.