Comparing linux boxes for differences?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Jun 28 12:59:08 PDT 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, David Smith wrote:

> I thought there might be some sort of product out there that might
> accomplish this without too much effort.  I'd rather avoid a
> large/costly tripwire for server/tripwire manager implementation.  All
> our systems are very light weight/minimal installs and are built
> automatically.

Use software like Tripwire that isn't Tripwire-brand, I'd say.  I don't
currently use it, but I hear good things about Samhain
<http://la-samhna.de/samhain/>, which has an optional client-server mode
for centralized integrity checking; that seems like it would be exactly
what you'd want.

AIDE and Integrit also seem good, but I don't know if they have a server
mode that centralizes the checking.

-- Asheesh.

--
Dying is a very dull, dreary affair.  My advice to you is to have
nothing whatever to do with it.