Comparing linux boxes for differences?

David Smith dsmith at FinancialEngines.com
Thu Jun 28 07:49:45 PDT 2007

We need to come up with a quick way to audit that our servers are
consistent across our infrastructure.  I figure I could hack out a quick
script do so some md5sums across various key files, software installed,
etc, but I would rather not re-event the wheel.

I thought there might be some sort of product out there that might
accomplish this without too much effort.  I'd rather avoid a
large/costly tripwire for server/tripwire manager implementation.  All
our systems are very light weight/minimal installs and are built
automatically.

Thanks,

Dave