Solaris -- can I add a SCSI target without a reconfigure reboot?

Russ Witte rjwitte at rjwitte.com
Fri Jul 6 16:57:25 PDT 2007

On a slightly different note ... I know we all brag about how long our
systems stay up without a reboot, but in terms of security and/or
configuration and hardware validation isn't it a good idea to reboot
occasionally? Maybe no more than a couple times a year, but still ...

What's the general consensus? I try to keep my Sun systems patched, maybe
2-4 times a year, so that takes care of it. What do other people do?

Russ