Board Candidacy

James M. Turner jmturner at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Oct 19 16:54:29 PDT 2006

To the President, Board, and Membership of BayLISA,

I present myself as a candidate for the Board of Directors.  My platform
for this election is a very simple one - no politics.  Entirely too much
time is wasted in organizations like BayLISA over silly political drama.
 It is my goal to minimize such, thereby maximizing the amount of time
we can spend listening, learning, and eating pizza.  Pizza > Drama.
I am currently a System Administration intern at Yahoo! Inc., hopefully
moving to full-time in December.  I've been using various flavors of
Unix since the early '90s, and I love what I do.  The fact that I get
paid to do it still makes me giggle.
I will bring energy, enthusiasm, and a distinct lack of drama to the
position if I'm elected.  I can't wait to see what we can accomplish
together for ourselves and for BayLISA. :)

Warm regards,

Mikey Turner
Yahoo! Operations SA/DNS