Help in selecting router please

Dave Johanson davejohanson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 20:39:09 PDT 2006

Router Analogy

Cisco Routers are like Swiss Army knives.  They have many features,
but do not perform exceptionally well with any of them.

Juniper Routers are like razor sharp hunting knives.  Giving the best
routing performance, with each product maximized for a few features.

In 2006, 23 of the 25 major service providers use Juniper routers
(reliability and performance were the main factors in those selections
for many large companies including the US Government.).

Dave J.