Looking to hire a Debian Linux guru to help a FreeBSD geek get jumpstarted for a project.

Nicole nicole at unixgirl.com
Mon Nov 20 16:18:20 PST 2006

 Hello.
 I thought about posting this on Baylisa-jobs but it's not really a
job.

 I am mostly a freeBSD admin and I need to get a debian linux server
setup for a special project ASAP. Most of it is basic stuff, but I am
having some issues. I need to get this done really soon, so I am
willing to pay anyone who could help me remotly via phone or skype and
email etc. Or hey if your just a great Linux enthusiest willing to
help, that's great too :)

 1) I wanted to use a 3ware card but debian seems to be the only linux
that doesn't have the driver built in and no way to add it during an
install. This server needs uptime and as I understand it, the software
raid cannot do a hotswap.

 2) Help setting up and tunning IPtables. I am mostly used to IPFW.
(yea yea old school) Some special tunning to make sure what goes in one
port/IP goes out via that port and won't try to send everything out via
the default IP/port.

 3) Tunning the kernel.

 4) Making sure is as secure as possible. Should be easy since it will
not have many services. Basic seal of a Linux Geek approval.

 That's it really.

  If you are available, please let me know when and how much you might
charge for your time.

 Thanks!

    Nicole