Suggestions on a Label Maker?

David Smith dsmith at FinancialEngines.com
Thu Nov 16 15:21:06 PST 2006

We use 3/4" for everything.

Flexible ID for cables.
Normal for systems.

Our standard is to label both ends of the cable with the hostname.

It is fairly easy to remove the labels, but not simple.  Usually the
first add/move/change I just put the new label over the old one.

We use a dedicated ptouch printer for system labels (template with
backend DB).  The hand-held one is just for cables.

Cheers,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-baylisa at baylisa.org [mailto:owner-baylisa at baylisa.org] On
Behalf Of Mark Stenstadvold
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 4:05 PM
To: baylisa at baylisa.org
Subject: Re: Suggestions on a Label Maker?

Neil Katin wrote:
> The PT-1400 is a very nice printer.  You may want to
> consider the PT-1650, which is very similar but can
> also connect to a computer (instead of being standalone
> only).

Ah...the PT-1650 is exactly what I'm looking for!  So according to David

I need to use the Flexible ID Tape for cables?  What size generally
works for CAT5 cables?  I'm guessing I'll need the 3/4" or 1".  Also, is

it easy to change out the labels?  For example, use the Flexible ID tape

for cables and another type of tape for systems.  I don't think I need a

1" label on a system, though I suppose 3/4" would work in both cases.

--Mark.