BayLISA Elections : How To Vote!

BayLISA Election Staff elections at baylisa.org
Wed Nov 8 19:42:44 PST 2006

Hi all,

As mentioned in the last email, we are now sending out details of how to
vote in the upcoming BayLISA board elections.

Voting methods
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are two methods for recording your vote.

1) Turn up to the november general meeting and vote in person

   As usual, a table will be setup at the november meeting, with a ballot
   box and some helpful people sitting behind it. The November general
   meeting is Thursday, November 16th. You need only give the folks at the
   ballot table your name and have them verify that you're a member, and
   then you can drop your vote in the ballot box.

2) Send an email ballot to vote at baylisa.org

   Note : THIS IS NOT ANONYMOUS OR SECRET. Well, inasmuch as somebody
   will count the vote and verify you are who you say you are, so they
   can concievably connect name with vote. Really though, thats not
   going to happen. For next year we'll have a better online voting
   mechanism, but it takes much review to do that right and this way at
   least theres some method for folks to vote online if they choose.

   It will help greatly if you can email vote at baylisa.org from the email
   address we have on-file in your member record. If for whatever reason
   this isn't possible, we'll attempt to sort out who you are manually
   based on whatever email address you send from. The membership isn't
   large enough for this to be a difficult task.

   EXTRA BONUS !! You can start voting by email right away, and voting
   will continue up to the end of the November general meeting.

   EXTRA SUPER BONUS!! You can even just reply to this email, and it will
   be sent to vote@, vote early vote often. etc... (assuming I got the
   reply-to header correct)

Candidates
~~~~~~~~~~

So far, we have four candidates who have expressed an interest, and there
are two seats up for grabs. The candidates are :

 o Bruce Coston
 o Rob Markovic
 o Heather Stern
 o James 'Mikey' Turner

As always there is a 'write in' entry on the ballot. In other words you can
really vote for anyone you like. The only caveat is they have to be a member
to take their seat if elected.

You should vote for up to two candidates. The two candidates with the largest
total votes will win.

Thanks,

Election Staff