Jabber help

cerise at armory.com cerise at armory.com
Fri May 12 14:22:22 PDT 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 09:32:01AM -0700, Guy B. Purcell wrote:

> >Another solution is to install an encryption tool on each
> >client system.
>
> Unfortunately, that's not enforceable, so isn't an option.  If there
> were no way to do IM other than with OTR enabled, this would be the
> way to go (wouldn't have to maintain yet another common service in-
> house), but the world just isn't there yet.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, Scott.  Anyone else have thoughts?  I
> can't believe y'all don't have an opinion ;^)

   Well, of course we don't have an opinion -- we have approximately n+1
for every n of us.  ; )
   My understanding is that MSN uses encryption without any add-on tools.
I can't comment on any details about it though.  The only reason I ever
used it was because a long ago boss wanted us to use it.
   Of course, everyone could just use write & talk, but I can see where
that battle goes 8)

-Phil/CERisE