RT vs Bugzilla

Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr gwen at reptiles.org
Tue Mar 7 16:21:31 PST 2006

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 cerise at armory.com wrote:
> Not knowing anything about RT, I'd think that would prove the superiority
> of Bugzilla in getting information vital to troubleshooting.
>
> One really needs that sort of structure to force users to provide useful
> feedback.  While that'll put people off at the same time, some pressure
> from the developers in question might do the trick to keep people in line
> and filing reports via bugzilla.

I'm afraid that you're misspeaking.  RT not only provides plenty of
structure, it allows you to modify the structure via the web interface,
rather than needing to dig into the guts of bugzilla to try and make
what you'd hope were simple changes.

As other people have said - bugzilla is fine for bug tracking.  It's
not at all good at trouble ticketing.

cheers!