Spot Cooling

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Wed Jul 26 16:58:42 PDT 2006

Hello,

Let's say you just started at a small company with a smallish server closet
that had no climate control and was running really hot.  (We'll probably max
out towards 12 servers.)

Let's say you wanted to get a little portable A/C unit in there to help
alleviate this problem.

Let's say you weren't sure how much power you could run in, and ventilation
might be difficult ...

And let's say you knew absolutely nothing about A/C technology.

What sort of things would I be looking for in a unit, and what do I need to
watch out for?

It sounds like I may need to drain water, and/or ventilate the unit, and
I'll have to be areful where I plug it in.

Does anyone have a paticular favorite unit?

Thanks,
-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com