suggestions of Helpdesk software, request tracking - public domain or low cost

Jennifer Davis iennae at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 13:38:38 PDT 2006

Hey Tim,

I use RT at work.  You can get some custom help from the developers at
a cost, or roll it out on your own.  It requires some fun with
installation, but in general once you have it running it's lovely.  It
has a lot of capabilities, and I'm still swimming around in the
options figuring out what works best for us.  I think having a good
understanding of your process flow, and defining it to the end user as
well as expectations of what they will see are a must before deploying
any solution.

Is it just for you, or for a number of users? (to work on tickets)
What kind of interfaces are you looking for?

RT has scrips which you can automate tasks happening upon events.

I too would love to hear what people have to say about ticketing, and
the processes they have gone to implement a good informative flow.

Jennifer

--
Jennifer Davis