Liability Insurance

Rich Holland holland at guidancetech.com
Thu Jan 19 16:12:01 PST 2006

I'm looking for a general liability policy for a potential contract which
requires a "waiver of subrogation" and that my client be named as an
additional insurred on the policy.  The only company I've found so far to
write the policy won't provide the waiver or include name my client in the
policy, and requires both "general" and "professional" liability together.
My understanding is that general liability will cover things like people
getting hurt on your property while professional liability is more like E&O
- it would cover me blowing up a customer's system and causing them lost
revenue, for example.

Since there are so many contractors reading Baylisa, I thought I'd ask.. Who
do you use for insurance, and do you know of anyone willing to write a
simple general liability policy without the E&O or professional bits (which
are much more expensive)?  My contract only stipulates the former.

Thanks!
Rich Holland