rack-n-shelfs

Sat Jan 7 02:16:48 PST 2006

hi ya

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 03:44:51AM -0600, Rob Windsor wrote:
> > APC Cabinets vs. CPI cabinets -- APC Cabinets had RU numbering up the
> > rails and half-doors (available) on the back.

the 4-post quadra ( cpi ) has "1U" markins on the front
and is "square holes" vs nice thread rails

them tinnermann screws is about $0.80 per set for M6 ( tinnerman + screw )
and is about $0.21 for 10-32

--------

the 6' cablemanagement is about $40 ( 1Us ) vs $60 for 3Us (rough widths)

the shelf ... the distributors didn't have it, so i had my little
metal shops folks make a prototype 29" deep 4-post shelf .. ( 3hr job
to get a prototype shelf, i'd say that is damned good )

	- i'll probably get a bunch made and will have extras made

	- the question is to paint it neon pink or florescent green :-)

i even got just the one the rear half-bracket to extend the slides to fit
into the 29" deep cabinets

all done locally in 24hrs with local distributors and picked up at
their will call dept
	- anybody can order from online .. but not everybody
	carries it in stock that one can go pick up in person
	within 2-4hrs

!#done

- patt-patt or a swift kick in the butt :-0 to get moving on other
  items :-)

c ya
alvin
- the throw away crt issue is still flipping and flopping within
  management decisions