Need suggestions for cheap VPN solution

Jesse Adelman jesse at boldandbusted.com
Fri Feb 24 18:29:21 PST 2006

OpenVPN is great. http://www.openvpn.net/. Open Source SSL VPN
solution. I've set it up for a few clients, no complaints. Works well
for point-to-point VPNs as well as Road Warriors (remote laptop users).
Very diverse and robust client support (Mac OS X, Linux, FreeBSD,
Windows, etc.), single TCP or UDP port (no seperate protocol enabling
and firewall swiss cheesing like with IPSec). Scales well, and is
easily transferred to new hardware if you exceed the capabilities of a
server box.

Excellent documentation, too, and helpful mailing list.

Have fun,
Jesse Adelman
Fun: http://www.ilikelinux.com/
Profit: http://www.boldandbusted.com/

P.S. Excellent presentation at Google yesterday from Tom Limoncelli.
Neat to see Google, excellent Chicken and Apple Sausage and stuffed
mushrooms, and not too many tangential questions ;). Thanks, BayLISA!
:)