suse-10.1

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 24 14:33:25 PDT 2006

Quoting Alvin Oga (alvin at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com):

> last nights baylisa mtg, one of the speakers mentioned
> Suse-10.1 as being available soon
>
> but, i've been using suse-10.1-beta7, beta-8 and now just
> downloaded suse-10.1-RC1  and will probably install *-RC1
> tonight

Naturally, no sooner did you do that than RC2 came out.  ;->

They're offering "delta ISOs" that provide all the updates:
http://en.opensuse.org/Download_Instructions#Applying_Delta_ISOs

And there's a YaST-able directory tree of non-open source add ons, that
will eventually be released as two "extras" CDs:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/install/10.1/SUSE-Linux10.1-RC2-Extra/

I like the fact that -- for the add-ons -- they're doing a "bi-arch"
image that covers both i386 and AMD64.

In any case, CD1 suffices for minimal install, CDs 2&3 add GNOME and
KDE, and 4&5 contain all the other (open source) stuff.

> my question:
> i assume there is no yast2->onlineUpdates for opensuse ??

I'd say check inside ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/update/10.1, except it
appears to be very busy, right now.