Anyone hearing of problems receiving mail for @gmail.com addresses?

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Mon Apr 17 12:10:10 PDT 2006

David Wolfskill wrote:
> In the last few days, postmaster at freebsd.org has received half a dozen
> reports that mail from FreeBSD.org isn't reaching certain addresses,
> each of which is @gmail.com, and for each of which the logs on
> mx2.freebsd.org report that Google's gsmtp servers are reporting
> "temporary failures" (with no relief provided by an occasional success).

Success for the same sender/host/recipient tuple?  When greylisting
started it considered these as unrelated, though I know at least one
vendor who has modified it somewhat.  And there is also the matter of
multiple MX hosts that may not talk to each other about successes in
this respect.  (They may try to, but may be having trouble today.)

What failure code are you seeing?