Salary Survey..

Roy S. Rapoport rsr at inorganic.org
Tue Sep 20 18:17:03 PDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 05:41:27PM -0700, Jennifer Davis wrote:

> So the SAGE Salary Survey is always of interest, but it's targeted towards
> a more global/US centric scale.  It might be of interest if we could get
> sufficient number of people to do this specifically for the Bay area so
> that we have a better idea of what is happening around this area.  It
> would give us a chance to actually get more specific in detail.  Does this
> sound like a good idea?  If so, what kind of items are you interested in
> knowing about your fellow IT workers?

Whether or not they're in IT, for example :)

(e.g. I've got about 12 years of sysadmin-type jobs on my resume; my last
job was as a developer, and I'm managing the test/releng/benchmarking group
at $CURDAYJOB; would you want to know how much I'm making? How would you
correct for me not being in IT?)

(I'd be curious to see if I could make more by going back into IT, though
realistically, given that I work at basically The Best Place On Earth, and
every time I'm working at 3am it's because _I_want_to_, there's not a huge
incentive :) )

-roy