Forged From header in bounce-o-grams??!? :-(

Ames Cornish ames at montebellopartners.com
Sat Sep 17 14:07:01 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 11:43 -0700, David Wolfskill wrote:
> Now:  anyone know of any plausible justification for the forgery in
> the
> generated bounce-o-grams?  Or have a better way to deal with the
> situation?  (For home, I do something similar, but arriving mail
> coming

David,

You might check out "Sender Permitted From", aka "Sender Policy
Framework".  (http://spf.pobox.com/)  You can set up DNS records that
specify where baylisa.org mail is allowed to come from, and then enforce
that policy in your MTA.  As an added bonus, other MTA's may use your
baylisa.org policy to help identify these emails as being spam-related.

Best,

- Ames

--
Ames Cornish  ~  http://montebellopartners.com/