recommendations for/against SAN classes?

Bob Sutterfield bobs at tellme.com
Fri Sep 2 12:11:59 PDT 2005

David M. Dowdle wrote:
> Work wants me to take a class, and I'd like to learn more about SANS,
> can anybody recommend classes to take or ones to avoid?

Do you mean SANs (Storage Area Networks) or the SANS Institute?

If the former, your incumbent SAN vendor probably offers training that
would be most valuable as a starting point.  You'll also find some
classes and workshops and papers on storage at
<http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa05>.

If the latter, try looking at the Career Roadmap at <http://sans.org>
which will help you form a more specific question.
--
Bob Sutterfield
Tellme Networks