Possible aid in filtering spam

Ames Cornish ames at montebellopartners.com
Mon Oct 31 08:40:33 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 20:14 -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> I then saw some machine say "HELO 63.192.123.122".  Ummm... no sale:
> that's *my* IP address.  Added that to the filter, too.

David,

Thanks for the tip!  I just looked at my logs and I have quite a few
spammers using my IP as the HELO.  None use the host name -- hmmmm.

Incidentally, I've been trying various anti-spam techniques on my
mailserver, and collected statistics on the results.  I have a
presentation on what worked best and what didn't here:
   http://montebellopartners.com/slides/

Thanks for the info!

- Ames

--