Thin Client solutions

Wing Wong wingedpower at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:15:20 PDT 2005

Regarding "At some point you have to trust that your source code is safe
with your new employees...", I would say that that won't hold water with
your employers if something goes wrong and code leaks. It is better to say,
"This failed and can be fixed to prevent future breeches" than to say, "We
thought we could trust them with the code."

They could all be your friends. They could be people you don't know. They
could be employees of some years. But what matters is that the system needs
to be secure. Maybe it isn't going to be any of the people who work with the
company now. It might be an intern. It might be that new hire your company
pulled from a competitor. It could be the janitor.

In a similar situation, I would say that it is a matter of ensuring that if
someone should want to steal your company's intellectual property, you are
going to make it as near impossible as is feasible, rather than saying you
don't trust current and future employees.

Wing.

--
Wing Wong
wingedpower at gmail.com