Thin Client solutions

Jeff With The Big Yellow Suit jeff at drinktomi.com
Tue Oct 25 11:03:24 PDT 2005

 > This is for my company. We are going to open an Engineering office.

No doubt it's in a third wold country with really cheap labor, and damn
near no legal system.   That sounds like your company is trying to treat
economic and political problems with IT.   This is going to be a pretty
brutal letter.  It's a little tongue and check, but only a little.

Law, contracts, and trustworthy judicial systems are wonderful
things.  When you don't have them you have to supply your own
substitutes.   Pay the employees real wages: buy their loyalty.
Make sure you have political relationships in the area.   Grease
their palms as needed.

If you're in an area that's truly lawless then hire your own
intelligence, and have muscle on retainer.  Gangster's rackets
aren't violent by nature, they just have to supply their own law.
They don't use IT to ensure loyalty.

-jeff