Thin Client solutions

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Mon Oct 24 20:37:36 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 08:15:55PM -0700, Brian Street wrote:

> Mitigation is why I was thinking of a diskless client with the server
> locked down. The hope was that they wouldn't be able to save anything
> locally but all of the diskless clients I've seen so far have USB
> ports. I haven't played with BIOS enough to know if I could lock out
> USB on them or not, but if I can't, then it wouldn't matter if it was
> a thin client or not.

Surely a bit of surgery can "fix" this (in the veterinary sense), at
least to the point that the USB port doesn't work...?

Of course, as Alvin pointed out, physical access to the machine renders
many of the evasive maneuvers rather pointless.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Prediction is difficult, especially if it involves the future. -- Niels Bohr

See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for public key.