Advance Notice - November General Meeting - November 17, 2005

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Mon Oct 17 11:50:31 PDT 2005

October's meeting is this week, but I wanted to give you advance notice
about next month's meeting.

Jennifer Granick, Executive Director for the Stanford Law School Center
for Internet & Society, most recently well known for her defense of
researcher Michael Lynn's presentation at this year's Black Hat conference
on research he did at ISS on Cisco systems, will be presenting on legal
concerns we face in the profession today.

(You can read about the insider's view of Ciscogate written by Jennifer
Granick herself on Wired:
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,68435,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_8
)

Additionally, Bob Camors will be speaking as a "Guru in Session" speaker
on "Email Regulations and Solutions for Compliance".

Mirapoint is sponsoring this meeting, so we will be having pizza!
Afterwards we will be adjourning over to BJs and Mirapoint will be
covering drinks and snacks (I'm not sure what the exact details will be on
number of drinks, etc, but it will be resolved by Nov 17.)

Finally, the November meeting is our annual elections meeting!

So show up early to vote (if you are a member).  7:00, so we can start the
meeting on time at 7:30.

Jennifer