Modified Title: Location of BayLISA Meetings

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 13 10:23:55 PDT 2005

Quoting Jennifer Davis (sigje at sigje.org):

> -Rotate the one meeting around multiple places across the year?

IMVAO, one of the worst things you can do with a user group is make its
regular place(s)/time(s) become irregular, any more than you have to.
I've seen a number of groups destroy themselves that way.

> It sounds like we have a strong base of South BayLISA attendees
> that are consistent.  Do we have a possible attendee base in other areas?

One caution:  Granting existence of some overlap between the
discuss-online crowd and the regularly-show-up-and-participate crowd,
that correlation tends in my experience to be weak.  So, it's easy to
overinterpret online expressions of interest; the armchair and the
participant may prove reluctant to part.