waterlogged hard drive recovery

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Fri Nov 18 18:38:23 PST 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Bill Ward wrote:
> I wasn't advocating a DIY approach, just describing a way that might
> be used by such a service to fix the thing.  DIY is a possibility but
> you know how firmware versions and chipsets are always changing around
> these days in wifi devices without telling us; I expect the same is
> true of HDD's.  But maybe not.  YMMV naturally.

Naturally.  I was expressing my opinions of the situation.  I agree
with the YMMV.  If someone could show me the DIY, that would be pretty
neat.  Then again, I do have a couple of old dead hard drives around the
house.  Hmm.

> --Bill.

John
-----
John Costello - cos at indeterminate dot net
"You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back."--Unknown