Joyent: another entry for workgroup collaboration

Thu Nov 10 17:48:13 PST 2005

hi ya

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Jennifer Davis wrote:

> Wow.  I went to their website.  It's the kind of stuff that doesn't
> impress me about salesforce.

sometimes ... some folks do use the "look-n-feel" of the website
to make sales/buy decisions ...
	- why .. i donno ...

>  "you don't need an IT person to do any of this"..

some it folks can't do fancy websites .. but one can always hire them
"fancy website" folks

IT, it seems, is getting into the the hands of average joe user, who makes
major IT decisions and companies temporarily shutdown or lose data or lose
productivity during the day because "joe user" with linux at home is (NOT)
doing what most seasoned admins would do for process, proceedure, testing
and backups for their company before implementing the changes
and it's gonna get worst

oh well...

c ya
alvin