Job Market

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Fri Nov 4 09:19:38 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 04:52:28PM -0800, Paul M. Moriarty wrote:

> The job market today is still pretty bleak for employees.

Enh?

You know qualified SysAdmins who need work?  How about Perl developers
with Mason, Postgres, and AJAX experience?  Everybody is hiring and the
best candidates are scarce now because, well, everybody's hiring.  Maybe
Google gets some credit for sucking in a lot of the most talented people
in the Valley.

I have seen "bleak" ... that was 2001, 2002, and 2003.  In 2004 I took a
new position with a 60% salary increase.  (I had been underpaid.)  I
don't see bleak.  At least, not for the really talented ... anyone else
care to share their observations?

Thanks,
-danny

--