Suggestions for colocation needed

Guy B. Purcell guy at extragalactic.net
Tue May 3 23:18:33 PDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 13:17, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> My company needs to expand their colocation and I am looking for
> suggestions where to check. Our requirements are something like
> this:

[...requirements...]

I'm not sure if this site meets all your requirements or not (eg.
it's not a "pretty" facility--or at least it wasn't in 2001 when I
worked for a company co-located there), but I really liked Exchange
Colocation [1].  That company I worked for got in pretty early, back
when it looked like AboveNet was going to go under like Exodus had,
and I got a good look as this place was building out their
infrastructure.  It was very good--clean, tight, redundant.  I don't
think you'll find a better choice of network providers, either; this
place sites at a crossroads of several fiber runs on the Peninsula.
And, at least back then, they were backed by non-tech-sector money
(owned by some British shipping company), so they weren't likely to
go under in a tech-sector crash.

-Guy

[1] <http://www.e200paul.com/netlist.htm>