NFS Clients for Windows?

Roy S. Rapoport rsr at inorganic.org
Thu Mar 24 00:48:46 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 12:33:47AM -0800, Dan Bethe wrote:

> > Gosh, I love it.  A real, live "install Linux" answer.
>
> That's my job!

:).

In this case, I'm integrating a Windows box into a bunch of systems that
I'd rather not futz with and in some ways don't even have root-type access
to.  It's easiest to get Windows to do NFS than to counter this, for now,
if I can find an easy enough solution.

> Yeah http://microsoft.com/sfu has one.  It says it's available for gratis
> download, but you'll have to make up an ID in order to check it out and see if
> it's a full product.

Yeah, I'm the proud owner of a .net Passport.  I'm very, very excited.
Not.

Downloading now.  At 200Mb, it's beefy.  We'll see if it does the trick.

-roy