NFS Clients for Windows?

Thu Mar 24 00:00:53 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Roy S. Rapoport wrote:

> I've got a work need to get one of our Windows boxes (W2K3) to access some
> NFS shares.  Anyone have an NFS client for Windows to recommend? Cost would
> ideally be low, but quality is more important.

huh ??  what does the win2k need to do ??

cost is zero

time is a few minutes to few days to get it working
depending on the phase of the moon

if the win2k need to write to linux:/home/roy
	than linux needs to have samba configured

if linux needs to read win2k files, than linux needs to have
ntfs enabled in the kernel
	- but do NOT use linux to erase ntfs files unless you're
	a gambler

if you want linux to nfs mount  windoze

	linux#  mount windoze:\\C  /mnt/windoze
	and do as you want with the box except for erasing ntfs files

if you want windoze to read/write files in linux:/home/roy,
	configure linux:/etc/exports to export /home/roy
	and start up nfs on linux

	windoze would need to network map linux:/home/roy to Z:
	or whatever you call it

	drag and drop as you feel like on your windoze box

lot more fun stuff to do with windoze and linux ...
	- no additional code/apps

c ya
alvin