Remote power management solutions?

Sat Dec 31 15:39:16 PST 2005

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Nick Christenson wrote:

> > Has anyone seen anything like this, or built one, or have plans for building
> > one?  I don't mind cobbling something together using an OTS power strip, but
> > I'm trying to avoid spending hundreds of dollars if possible.

you(anybody) can "build one"
	- use dtmf circuits if you want to dialin with a phone
	- use embedded tcp/ip ( $25 ) microcontroller for ethernet control
	- use an SCR to turn on/off the 110v devices .. but it'd
	be lot cheaper/easier to use 12v control circuits to control
	the (12v/5v/3.3v) atx power supply

- problem is the required UL approvals when playing with 110v ac

off the shelf ones run $100 - $1000 but averaging $500 or more
	- less $$ for less controls and less features :-)

c ya
alvin