old 17" - 21" crt's - pc's too

Bill Ward bill at wards.net
Sat Dec 24 10:06:19 PST 2005

On 12/23/05, Dan Bethe <dan_bethe at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > why dont "we" volunteer to take it in, clean it up
> > and recycle these "unacceptable throw aways" ...
> > i'm sure that we can find some low income folks that
> > would die to get these freebies, esp if the various
>
> Ahoy there.  Check out http://isfisf.org in the east bay and/or ask them what
> other such orgs exist in SFBA.

A lot of "computer recycling" is really just shipping the stuff in
containers to 3rd world countries with poor environmental laws where
they are crushed, poisoning the local population with lead, mercury,
etc.

Building Linux boxes and giving them to poor people locally would be a
much wiser plan.  And if they have wifi then the people can even go
online if they live in Mtn View, Sunnyvale, or any of the other cities
that are putting up free wifi...

--
Help bring back the San Jose Earthquakes - http://www.soccersiliconvalley.com/