old 17" - 21" crt's - pc's too

Fri Dec 23 21:20:20 PST 2005

hi ya paul

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Paul M. Moriarty wrote:

> Many schools will take flat screens, but not the cheapo rounded ones.

yup.. to me it's odd that they take only 14" or larger lcd
that is still under warranty ... guess they have to be careful ..

they don't take PCs that are slower than P4-2.4G either :-)

( and i'll have a bunch of them slower PCs too )

tooo many crt may cause brain tumors ... :-)

--------

since lots of people are trying to donate old PCs to
schools and/or computer history museum, i'm thinking
why dont "we" volunteer to take it in, clean it up
and recycle these "unacceptable throw aways" ...
i'm sure that we can find some low income folks that
would die to get these freebies, esp if the various
cities does in fact offer free wifi to get to the rest of the world

"clean it up" in my case, means i'm planning to put
these old PCs into a custom made rackmount case ..

one thought was even make non-conductive plastic rackmount
cases since it'd be like $5.oo each at that point, but
the plastic tooling is too much ( $25K+ - $50K )

--------

from what i hear ... in europe, you cannot throw away PCs
because it has "electronics" ( aka lead in the solder ) ...
the originating  manufacturer has to provide a means to
reclaim(receive) the old PCs, old tv's etc and dispose
of it properly... a good thing to enforce

c ya
alvin