secure data erasing

Hans Jacobsen hans.jacobsen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 06:28:43 PST 2005

It sounds like re-using the drives is not the objective.

Frankly, I gave a couple of drives to a very trusted employee.  He
took them to a target range an shot them with a high-powered rifle.
Not a handgun - not enough to go through...  A rifle went through - a
few holes will give a good challenge to recovery.

If that isn't enough:  dd first, de-gauss, then shoot - that should
guarantee it can't ever be read again.

-hej