Blizzard PC Technician position

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Wed Aug 17 14:05:07 PDT 2005

I just spotted this job.. I have no affiliation/association with Blizzard
at all.. so don't contact me about this.  Go to the website to get more
details.

http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/pc-technician.shtml
  Blizzard North is looking for a self-motivated and skilled Information
Technology Technician. Job duties would include building, configuring,
deploying, monitoring, modifying and repairing local/remote computers. An
ideal candidate would have expertise in computer hardware. They would also
possess an intermediate level of troubleshooting OS and networking issues.

Requirements

     * Strong customer service skills
     * Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to communicate and present complex issues and analyses in an
effective manner
     * Good organization and time management skills
     * Must be highly dependable, with a "Can Do" attitude
     * Must have extensive hardware experience (ability to build, diagnose
and repair computers; strong troubleshooting skills)
     * Must have intermediate level of installing and maintaining Windows
2000 and XP
     * Basic to intermediate knowledge of network routing technologies
(TCP/IP, DNS)
     * Must be available for on-call for emergencies -and- must be able to
work weekends if needed
     * Must be able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 70lbs
     * Must be experienced in playing computer games
     * Must be local to San Mateo, California

Skills preferred, but not mandatory

     * Basic to intermediate knowledge level of installing and maintaining
Linux
     * Experience with Compaq server equipment and management tools
     * Cisco Hardware
     * MS SQL Database
     * MS Exchange and MS Outlook clients
     * Knowledge and interest in scripting and programming languages (i.e.
C++, Java, HTML, Visual Basic) is also a big plus!