Solutions for E-mail indexing/filing?

Brian Edmonds mornir at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 08:45:28 PDT 2005

On 8/12/05, Jim Dennis <jimd at starshine.org> wrote:
>  However, while writing this message I did decide to poke around for
>  an alternative since I remember that having my mail indexed was handy
>  when I used to do so.

I did the same thing sometime last winter, and came up with mairix.
It was good for me because it's 100% simple command line interface,
with incremental indexing.  In practice I read (and search) most of my
email with gmail these days, but mairix is great when I'm looking for
something from the fifteen years or so of email before I started using
gmail...

Brian.