Solaris OS 10 Bootcamp

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Fri Apr 22 12:08:16 PDT 2005

I talked to Elaine Helper about forwarding this on to BayLISA, but if you
want to learn more about Solaris 10, this might be a good opportunity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOLARIS 10 BOOT CAMP
Presented by: Sun Microsystems, Inc.

DATE: May 19, 2005

LOCATION:
San Francisco Marriott
55 4th Street
San Francisco, CA 94013
ROOM: Yerba Buena Ballroom Salons 10-15

TIME: 8:30 AM - 1:45 PM (*)

Join us live for an interactive, half-day session to learn more about the
mind-blowing new technologies in the Solaris 10 OS--a Boot Camp designed
by Jim Mauro, author of the book SOLARIS INTERNALS.

Learn about the powerful new features in Solaris 10 OS that are helping
enterprises and education institutions reduce costs and complexity, while
minimizing business risk. Sun's Solaris 10 OS is a reflection of our
continued commitment to innovation, with new functionality enabling
organizations to optimize system utilization levels, deliver extreme
performance, consolidate the number of servers needed to run their
enterprise and provide unparalleled security.all with relentless,
around-the-clock availability.

Experience the powerful new features in Solaris 10, and how they can
reduce cost-of-ownership by simplifying the tasks, such as service
monitoring and management, system performance and behavior analysis,
application and system tuning. We will show you what the magic of Dynamic
Tracing (Dtrace) can do for your applications and show you how to run
multi-tier applications on one box using N1 Grid Containers.

REGISTER AT:
https://www.suneventreg.com//cgi-bin/register.pl?EventID=491
Agenda:
8:30 AM To 9:00 AM	Registration/Continental Breakfast
9:00 AM To 9:10 AM	Welcome & Introductions
9:10 AM To 10:30 AM	Sun's Operating System Strategy/Solaris 10
10:30 AM To 11:00 AM	DTRACE Overview & Demo
11:00 AM To 11:15 AM	Break
11:15 AM To 11:45 AM	Solaris Containers Overview & Demo
11:45 AM To 12:30 PM	Lunch
12:30 PM To 1:00 PM	Predictive Self Healing (SMF & FMA)
1:30 PM To 1:45 PM	Q&A

We hope you enlist in the Solaris 10 OS Boot Camp.helping your
organization on its way to a much simpler, less costly and more efficient
technology infrastructure.

Solaris 10 OS meeting your needs today, while also reducing your TCO.