1996 Keynote presentation

Rich Holland holland at guidancetech.com
Thu Sep 16 13:23:18 PDT 2004

I keep trying to teach Windows guys about Unix, and find myself constantly
going back to a presentation I saw in 1996.  Van Jacobson gave the keynote at
the Usenix technical conference that year
(http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/sd96/) and had a very
eloquent way of describing the language of unix, how it's fundamentally built
of little tools that do one thing and do it well, and how you build "sentences"
up using pipes....

I can't seem to find anything on the 'net other than that he gave that
presentation....

Does anyone have a video tape of it, or know where to find a transcription, or
speaker notes, or anything?

Thanks!
Rich
--
Rich Holland        (913) 645-1950        SAP Technical Consultant
print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"\@\`\`");