Linked-In for BayLISA folks

Strata R. Chalup strata at virtual.net
Wed Sep 15 20:21:48 PDT 2004

I've been using linkedin.com for a while, and found it helpful. Various
folks from the SAGE community have discovered it, and people are
starting to link up.  The way the site is designed, one lists employment
or contract positions and folks can endorse you.  What I'm finding is
that I want to endorse folks whose connection is via SAGE or BayLISA,
rather than through a common employer, and that the site seems to have
no way to add an endorsement except specific to a position.

So, duh, I created a 'position' for both BayLISA and SAGE and added
those to my CV on Linked In.  Start date is when I became a member.  I
list any committees or board positions or volunteer work.  This gives me
a place to hang an endorsement from that otherwise wouldn't fit.  It
also gives us a way to look for each other in the search feature,
especially folks who are list participants and contributors but who
don't see each other at the meetings very often.

I'm happy to endorse folks I've worked with on BayLISA projects or
activities if you add a BayLISA position to your profile.  Don't be
shy-- it's another way I can thank some of you who have put in so much
effort over the past years!

cheers,
Strata

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata "@" virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
  ** Project Management & Architecture for ISP/ASP Systems Integration **