Upcoming November Elections

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Wed Oct 20 11:26:24 PDT 2004

  In case you missed this the first go around, I'm sending it
  again.  The October meeting happens tomorrow at the DeAnza 3
  auditorium on the Apple Campus in Cupertino (Yes, we have been
  moved for this month's meeting back to the old meeting location.
  Jim Nisbit will be talking about The Security Role for
  Linguistic Content Analysis.. sounds intriguing, find out more
  on http://www.baylisa.org!)

  Are you interested in shaping the future of BayLISA?  Elections are
  coming up in November.

  This year we have four slots available.  Interested candidates
  should prepare a brief statement prior to the October meeting,
  where they will be called upon to present their statement for
  up to 5 minutes.  These statements will also be emailed to
  the general membership.

  Elections are held at the November meeting. You must be a
  current member to run for Board or to vote in the Board election.
  You can become a member right now at:
  http://www.baylisa.org/members/

  The following Board members terms complete on 12/31/2004:
         - Strata Rose Chalup
         - Brad Robinson
  	- Alan Stewart
         - Heather Stern

  Board members whose terms expire this year must announce their
  candidacy if they wish to run for re-election.

  The following Board members terms complete on 12/31/2005,
  and will NOT be affected by this year's elections:
         - Jennifer Davis
         - Jim Hickstein
         - Rick Moen

  The BayLISA Board is made up of seven members, elected annually
  by the general membership. Since an individual Board member
  serves for two years, the composition of the Board changes
  annually, electing 4 new members in even years, and 3 in
  odd years. The officers of the Board are elected annually
  by the Board members, and consist of President, Treasurer,
  and Secretary (usually referred to as "Arch" for historical
  reasons).

  If you are interested in becoming a candidate, please let us
  know via email to "blw at baylisa.org".

  Even if you are not interested in running for Board, as a member
  of the organization you are welcome to all Board meetings held on
  the first Thursday of every month (except for November) in
  San Mateo.  Contact the Board at blw at baylisa.org for detailed
  location information.

--
  Jennifer Davis