We were discussing UPSen & batteries a while back....

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Tue Nov 30 16:30:37 PST 2004

Some of you may recall that I recently posted a query about a source
for UPS batteries, and that I selected one suggested, replaced the
batteries, then brought the UPS back on line, though I had never given
it a full test under load.

That lack is being rectified (so to speak; pardon the pun) as I type:
we lost power here at the house about 35 minutes ago.  The machine on
which I am composing this messages, as well as a couple of others &
some network infrastructure devices are all placing a full (for my
purposes) load on the UPS.

I am somewhat gratified to see that things are still up so far.  :-}

The aggregate battery voltage has dropped to 59.9 V, per the UPS.
(Nominal is 60.0.)  The UPS states that its load is about 34% of its
rating.

Anyway, I should send this before I need to shut things down quickly;
the batteries I got were from Rage Battery (ragebattery.com).  Getting
hard to see in here....

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
I resent spammers because spam is a DoS attack on my time.

See http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for public key.