DiskSuite help on new BayLISA webserver machine

Jeff Woolsey woolsey at jlw.com
Wed Nov 17 10:14:57 PST 2004

> Synopsis:
>
> I'm helping BayLISA upgrade the machine that hosts its mailing lists
> and web server (and other things).  The last thing to do is mirror
> its disks, yet this is proving nigh-impossible, because the machine
> always forgets where the metadbs are upon reboot.

Never mind, I figured it out.  The refurbed disks we're using do not
report serial numbers; there's a workaround for sd.conf that makes
the kernel cobble up devids for such disks.

Jeff Woolsey {woolsey,jlw}@{jlw,jxh}.com,first.last at gmail.com
"A toy robot!!!!" -unlucky Japanese scientist
"And Leon's getting laaaarrger!"  -Johnny
"Delete! Delete! OK!" -Dr. Bronner on disk space management
"I didn't get a 'Harrumph!' out of _that_ guy." -Gov Le Petomaine