Hints/pointers on MRTG for non-traffic SNMP data?

Roy S. Rapoport rsr at inorganic.org
Thu May 27 10:59:20 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:15:39AM -0700, Michael T. Halligan wrote:
> Check out this rrd tool tutorial : http://www.cuddletech.com/articles/rrd/

Also look into the 'gauge' option in the MRTG config file.

Also look at my http://stats.inorganic.org site, where I use MRTG with
RRDTOOL (and Routers2 and some gathering instrumentation I wrote myself) to
track, in addition to SNMP data, things like temperature and humidity next
to my server, DNS and HTTP requests, and overall mail traffic.  It's not a
tutorial site (you don't get to see how I do it, but I'll answer questions
if you have them), but it's at least a proof of concept :)

-roy