[SAGE] 2003 SAGE Salary Survey is ready

Rob Kolstad kolstad at usenix.org
Thu May 13 14:10:20 PDT 2004

[Rob writes to "...publicize this as widely as possible...", so I think
I'm well within the intent here.  And I think it might be useful to
quantify just how badly those of us in BayLISA have been hurt by the
change in the economy....  :-(    -- postmaster@]

The salary survey for money made in 2003 is ready to go!  Thanks to the
beta testers for helping us make it the best ever.  The survey takes
less than 20 minutes to complete and is located at:

            http://newweb.sage.org/salsur

The survey has two branches: one for those employed > 6 months in 2003
and one for those who were 'more unemployed than employed'.  I think
this will be the first (if not one of the first) 'unemployment survey'
in the tech industry for those who are unfortunate enough to be stuck
in that situation.

Please publicize this as widely as possible!  We had almost 10,000
participate in a time frame that should be shortly after the USENIX
technical conference (i.e., mid-July).

                                                RK

              * /\  Rob Kolstad               Executive Director, SAGE
       *   /\  /  \  kolstad at sage.org             FAX: +1 719-481-6551
        /\/  \/    \  +1 719-481-6542        15235 Roller Coaster Road
       /  \  /      \  http://www.sage.org  Colorado Springs, CO 80921