Hub with wireless uplink or FreeBSD wireless adaptor?

Danny Howard djh at servercentral.net
Tue Mar 9 11:05:22 PST 2004

Fellow SysAdmins:

I have free wireless access in my house, but no CAT5.  I have borrowed a
Belkin USB-802.11b adaptor that work fine with XP.
But I want to get going with FreeBSD.  And the support for wireless
adaptors is less than comprehensive.
An ideal solution may be a hub that can bridge its wired connections to
its wireless uplink.
Given my understanding of wireless and ethernet technologies, this seems
a bit weird.  (Are WEP keys tied to IPs?)
Has anyone experience with a situation like this, and can recommend
either a good "wireless uplink hub" or, alternatively, a favored
wireless adaptor that I could use with a FreeBSD desktop?

TIA,
-danny

Danny Howard                                    djh at servercentral.net
Technical Support Manager                          (312)829-1111 x235
Server Central Network                   http://www.servercentral.net