baylisa video streaming (was Re: writeups)

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Mon Jun 21 09:10:13 PDT 2004

> To our surprise, quite a number of our past speakers objected strongly
> to this idea.

We could certainly do something on a going-forward basis, with or without a
written release.  At least people would know this was part of the deal, and
we wouldn't be going back and changing history on them.

Also, just in my opinion, since the talks are highly technical, and
technology changes so fast, they really do decay very quickly in relevance.
One might wish to review Larry Wall playing the violin (so I hear), but the
content of his talk on that occasion probably isn't very important to our
membership today.  The CHM, maybe, and we should think about preserving the
library, but probably not distributing it.